Silent Film Music and other Sounding Off

Talking about music, consciousness, silent film, Italian food, travel, good books, married life, kids, and more

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE ODESSA CONNECTION

I'm thrilled to announce that I have been commissioned to write an orchestral score for SHERLOCK HOLMES (1916) with William Gillette. It will be premiered at the Odessa International Film Festival on July 16, 2016, with 45 members of the Odessa Philharmonic Orchestra. This is a fantastic opportunity for me, but the commission fee only covers the actual writing of the music, not orchestrating it, so I have launched an Indiegogo campaign to help fund the orchestration, which will be done by my dear friend, Peter Breiner, who can do this much faster and better than I. Please take a look at the campaign and contribute something if you can! Thanks so much.

   https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sherlock-holmes-the-odessa-connection/x/9262033#/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home